- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger Confirms Duo Have Signed Deals With Arsenal
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Francis Coquelin and Chuba Akpom have penned new deals with Arsenal.
The duo’s contracts were set to expire at the end of the season and we’ve been working hard to tie them down to fresh terms in recent weeks.
Coquelin was expected to leave when his deal ran out in the summer after failing to establish himself during his seven years at the club but has made a remarkable turn-around in recent weeks, with the Frenchman now an integral part of our starting eleven.
Reports last week suggested he wants to stay and was close to signing a four year deal worth around £40,000-a-week but wanted assurances he’d still be a regular when Jack Wilshere returned to fitness before committing his long-term future to the club.
Akpom’s future was a little less certain as he’s found first team football hard to come by and he’s been attracting interest from all over Europe. However, news broke on Wednesday that the 19-year-old had agreed terms over a new long-term contract.
We’ve been awaiting official confirmation from Arsenal on both deals but it appears they’ve now been signed as when asked about his activity in the January window, Arsene confirmed to reporters that Coquelin and Akpom had extended their deals:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 6, 2015