- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Above Fabregas & Rooney, Proof Cazorla Is The Real King Of Assists
No player has provided more assists in the Premier League over the past two years than Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla.
The Spanish international has been Arsenal’s stand-out player in recent weeks and just won our Player of the Month award for the second consecutive month.
His latest man of the match display came against Aston Villa on Sunday where he scored one and set-up two others during a 5-0 rout.
Those two assists meant Cazorla has now provided 19 goals for team-mates in the Premier League since the start of January 2013, which is more than any other player during that period.
Cazorla is now two clear of Chelsea’s Eden Hazard and Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney, while Cesc Fabregas is four behind on 15 – although it is worth noting that our former skipper has managed to claim his assists in just six months! So it’s fair to say he’d be top had he been playing in the Premier League for the full two years.
The stats were taken from Opta and provided by Sky Sports News when they did a feature on Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho – who is fourth on the list – after he signed his new deal at Anfield.
So there you have it. Santi Cazorla is the real ‘King of Assists’, for now at least…..