- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Line-Up Shock Swoop For £75m Striker – Report
There are reports circulating today claiming that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is lining-up a shock swoop for former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez next summer.
We tried to sign Suarez in the summer of 2013 with a now infamous £40m plus £1 bid but Liverpool refused to sell to a rival.
Arsene renewed his interest the following summer but missed out again as the Uruguayan joined Barcelona in a £75m deal.
However, the Express are reporting today that the boss is planning to launch a third attempt to sign Suarez at the end of the season.
The 28-year-old has struggled to find his best form in Spain, scoring just 5 goals in 16 games, and there are suggestions he’s facing an uncertain future at the Nou Camp.
Andoni Zubizarreta – the man who took him to Barca last summer – has since been sacked and many feel the controversial striker doesn’t complement the likes of Lionel Messi and Neymar.
So what to make of this rumour?
Well, no doubt Arsene is a huge fan of Suarez – he’s admitted this in the past – but I’d personally be hugely surprised if he was to leave Barcelona after just one season.
Lets not forget, he only returned from his biting ban in October and it’s going to take him a little while to find his best form in an unfamiliar team.
Plus, how can Barca sell ANY of their players until their transfer ban ends in January 2016?! So I just don’t think this is anything more than idle transfer gossip.
Despite these rumours, Suarez is still odds-on to be at Barcelona next season. However, if you want to take a punt, Sky Bet are offering 14/1 that he’ll be an Arsenal player in the summer. I personally think you’d be mad to put any money on it, in fact I’d rather head over to Major Tom casino and put my cash all on No.14…..you’ve probably got a better chance of that coming in than Suarez signing for Arsenal this summer.
Anyway, who needs Suarez…..we’ve got Alexis Sanchez!