- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
RATINGS: Rosicky Master-Class Leads Arsenal To 3-2 Win Over Brighton
Arsenal are through to the fifth round of the FA Cup after a thrilling 3-2 win over Brighton & Hove Albion this afternoon. Here are my ratings:
Szczesny – 5.5/10 – Didn’t get near either goal and looked a little shaky from a couple of late crosses. Tough to see him regain the No.1 shirt with this display.
Chambers - 5/10 – Nice work to set up the opener but was poor in defence. May have been fouled but should still have done better for their first goal and was lucky not to give away a late penalty for handball.
Koscielny - 6/10 – My worries about the Kos/Nacho pairing were well founded. Kos didn’t look comfortable and turned his back as O’Grady shot for their first goal.
Monreal - 6/10 – The usually reliable Monreal was also below par today. I just don’t think him and Koscielny work together in the middle.
Gibbs - 6.5/10 – We didn’t see a lot of him going forward but he was arguably the best of our defenders. Which wasn’t difficult.
Flamini - 5/10 – So poor. He looked all over the place at times. Miles behind Coquelin for the DM role now.
Walcott - 7.5/10 – Superb finish for the opener and was always a threat. Great to see him back among the goals.
Ramsey - 7/10 – Fluffed a great chance to score late on but was always available for the ball and worked hard to cover for Flamini when he went wandering.
Ozil - 7.5/10 – Cool finish for goal number two and was very good on the ball, particularly in the first half.
Rosicky - 9/10 – Outstanding display. Stunning reverse pass for the second and and got what turned out to be the winner with a superb volley. Defying his age.
Giroud - 6.5/10 – Nice assist for the Rosicky goal but wasn’t at his best overall today.
Akpom – 7/10 – Caused Brighton plenty of problems with his pace. His decision making was suspect at times but that will come.
Sanchez – 7/10 - A very busy late cameo. He clipped the bar with a free-kick and caused havoc at times.
Coquelin – N/A
It was a typical Arsenal performance in many ways. We were excellent in the first half and deserved our 2-0 lead but poor defending allowed Brighton back in the game. Thankfully Rosicky was on hand to seal the win.
Let’s hope for a good draw tomorrow……