- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Wenger Reveals Defender Interest After Confirming Midfielder Deal
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Arsenal are interested in signing Winston Reid after confirming we have a deal in place to sign Krystian Bielik.
The boss has admitted the need to bring in at least one new defender this month after losing Mathieu Debuchy for three months following surgery on a dislocated shoulder.
Many names have been linked with a move in recent week with Winston Reid believed to be a target as his contract is due to expire at the end of the season.
When quizzed about his reported interest in the New Zealand international at his press conference this morning, Arsene admitted he’s one of the players we’re interested in and he’s working hard to find a defender.
When asked if he’s interested in Reid, Wenger said:
“Of course, we are on the market and work very hard every day.
“All our scouts are working very hard to find a defender.” Wenger told reporters
West Ham are desperate to keep hold of Reid until his contract expires in the summer but they may be forced to cash-in if the money is right, and reports suggest a fee in the region of £3m-£5m could twist their arm.
Arsene also confirmed the news we should all know by now, that Polish youngster Krystian Bielik is in London to undergo a medical after we agreed a fee with Legia Warsaw.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on Krystian Bielik having a medical…
on whether he will become an Arsenal player…
on whether a fee has been agreed…
So it looks like Bielik will become our first January signing and he should then be followed by at least one defender. I expect we’ll bring in someone a bit more experienced at the back and a player who can challenge for the first team straight away. As oppose to Bielik, who is clearly one for the future.