- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Confirmed: Midfielder Set For Arsenal Medical, Will Sign 3-Year Deal
Arsenal are closing in on their first January signing with Legia Warsaw confirming this afternoon that midfielder Krystian Bielik will have a medical in London on Friday.
The 17-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent weeks and as we reported on Tuesday night, chief transfer negotiator Dick Law flew out to Poland on Wednesday to hold face-to-face talks.
Having already seen bids of £1.6m and £2m rejected by Legia, it seems the personal touch did the trick as our third bid of €3m (£2.4m) was accepted yesterday afternoon.
Legia have now confirmed on their website that Bielik will travel to London to undergo a medical on Friday, and the youngster says he’s fulfilling his dreams by becoming an Arsenal player.
”I am going to London to fulfil my dreams. I hope I will become an Arsenal player soon.” source: Legia.com
Should the midfielder successfully pass his medical then reports suggest he’ll sign a three-year deal and will link-up with the first team squad with immediate effect, and won’t be loaned out for the rest of the season.
So it looks as though we’re closing in on our first signing of the January window. He’s not the marquee signing some of us are hoping for, but he sounds like a great talent, so let’s welcome him to the club and wish him all the best.