- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
Arsenal Chief Flies Out To Conclude Midfielder Signing – Reports
According to The Times journalist Rory Smith, Arsenal chief Dick Law will arrive in Poland on Tuesday to finalise a deal for Legia Warsaw midfielder Krystian Bielik.
We’ve been strongly linked with the Polish youngster in recent weeks and reports last week claimed we’d seen our second offer, believed to be worth around £1.6m, rejected by Legia.
However, negotiations continued between the two clubs and now it seems we’ve sent our deal-maker and contract fixer, Dick Law, to Warsaw where he’s due to hold face-to-face talks on Tuesday to conclude a deal.
Legia are believed to be demanding £2.5m up front for the 17-year-old, so a deal shouldn’t be too difficult to agree if Arsene really wants this lad.
Bielik was quoted just last week as saying he had decided to join Arsenal, so hopefully the player will also be pushing for this deal to happen.
‘I’ve made a decision [to join Arsenal] and I’m not going to change it,’ he said.
‘I am looking forward to an agreement between the heads of the clubs. I realise that the negotiations may take some time.
‘I am, however, confident it will happen soon.’ source: Metro
We wouldn’t be sending Dick Law over there if we weren’t serious about doing a deal, so I fully expect Beilik to join the club before the end of the month.
He’s a highly-rated defensive midfielder but at just 17, I doubt he’ll be making an impression on the first team any time soon, so he’ll be one for the future.
Reliably informed Dick Law will be in Warsaw tomorrow to try and finalise a deal to sign Krystian Bielik. Legia want £2.5m upfront. #afc
— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) January 12, 2015