- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘Confident’ Of Signing Want-Away Star, Wenger Set To Bid
According to the Mirror, Arsenal are already working hard to try and sign Winston Reid and are confident West Ham will cash-in this month.
A new centre-back is on the agenda in the January window and Reid has emerged as a key target after an impressive couple of seasons at Upton Park.
Sam Allardyce admitted at the weekend that the player has ‘no future’ at West Ham as he’s made it clear he wants to move on when his contract expires in the summer.
However, it looks like we’re going to test their resolve to keep hold of the New Zealand international as the Mirror are reporting that Arsenal are already working hard to secure a deal and are confident the Hammers will sell for around £3m rather than lose him for nothing in six months time.
Reid supposedly wants a deal worth £60,000-a-week on top of a £1m signing-on bonus, which shouldn’t be a problem for us, and he’d jump at the chance to join Arsenal so it all comes down agreeing a deal with West Ham.
It will certainly be difficult for the money-men at Upton Park to justify turning down £3m for a player they know will be worthless in just a few months, so I have a feeling we can get a deal done if Reid really is the man Wenger wants.
We’ve also been strongly linked with French defender Loic Perrin but my personal choice would be Reid. He’s younger and has Premier League experience, but we’ll have to see what the boss decides to do…