- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: Ramsey & Podolski Superb As Arsenal Run Riot
Arsenal put in a superb all-round display to beat Galatasaray 4-1 at the Turk Telecom Arena last night with Aaron Ramsey and Lukas Podolski both bagging a well-taken brace.
Here are my ratings from the game:
Szczesny - 7/10 – Made a couple of decent saves but had no chance with Sneijders free-kick.
Debuchy - 7.5/10 – Superb in the opening 45 minutes but tired after the break and was eventually subbed. Great to have him back.
Mertesacker - 7/10 – Made a crucial block to deny a certain goal and was far more comfortable than he was against Stoke.
Chambers - 7/10 – Much better than the weekend, although Gala didn’t pose the same threat as Stoke. A confidence-boosting performance all the same.
Bellerin - 7/10 – Deputised well at left-back and used his pace to get in behind the hosts defence.
The Ox – 8/10 – Made several driving runs which caused them all sorts of problems and created the second goal.
Flamini - 6.5/10 – Steady display in front of the defence. Was taken off at the break as a precaution with a calf problem.
Ramsey - 9.5/10 – Back to his sensational best. Assist for the first, scored the second and finished it off with one of the best goals you’ll ever see.
Campbell - 6.5/10 – Went close to scoring in the first half but seemed like he was trying too hard to impress at times. Needed to release the ball quicker.
Podolski - 8.5/10 – So clinical in front of goal. Thunderous strike for the opener and a cool finish at the end for his second.
Sanogo - 6.5/10 – Put himself about up front but the ball didn’t always stick. He did grab the assist for Poldi’s second though.
Zelalem – 6.5/10 – Tidy passing in the middle of the park after replacing Ramsey.
Maitland-Niles – 6.5/10 – Replaced Flamini in the holding role and didn’t let himself down on his debut.
O’Connor – 6/10 – A nervous start but that’s to be expected from a 17-year-old making his debut. Settled in to the game okay.
Great win. Sadly we just missed out on top spot but at least we’re in the hat for the last 16 draw. Which can’t be said for Liverpool. Next up, Newcastle on Saturday….