- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Wenger Confirms Interest In Signing £8m Defender
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed his interest in signing £8m-rated Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings.
We’ve been heavily linked with the 21-year-old in recent weeks and the papers are reporting once again this morning that Wenger is lining-up an £8m bid in January.
This speculation led to the boss being quizzed by reporters about his interest in the young defender at his press conference this morning, and the Frenchman was surprisingly open.
Usually Arsene likes to play his cards close to his chest when it comes to transfer but when asked about Mings, he confirmed his interest and said we’re following the players progress.
It’s not known if Ipswich would accept £8m as there are reports it would take in excess of £10m to persuade the Championship side to cash in, but Mings is certainly a real prospect and appears to be on our radar.
I personally think we need to sign someone a little more established in January as we need a player who is ready to play in the Premier League immediately given the fragile nature of Laurent Koscielny’s Achilles right now.
However, I’d still like to see Mings come to the club as he’s highly-rated and looks like he’ll have a huge future ahead of him.
Wenger confirms interest in Tyrone Mings: "He is one of the young players we follow".
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) December 5, 2014