- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Line Up Shock January Swoop On London Rivals – Report
According to reports, Arsenal are lining-up a shock swoop on Tottenham for out-of-favour defender Vlad Chiriches during the January transfer window.
Arsene Wenger is expected to be in the market for another central defender this winter after our lack of options at the back were badly exposed following injuries to Mathieu Debuchy and Laurent Koscielny.
Several players have been linked in recent weeks but a surprise name to have emerged as a supposed target is Spurs defender Vlad Chiriches with the Express claiming that we have expressed our interest in signing him.
The Romanian has fallen out-of-favour under Mauricio Pochettino this season with Younes Kaboul, Federico Fazio and Jan Vertonghen all ahead of him in the pecking order.
He has featured in Tottenham’s last couple of games but that’s been at right-back with Kyle Naughton suspended and Kyle Walker still out injured.
The Express claim that Spurs want to ship Chiriches out on loan in January and Arsenal are one of five clubs to have made their interest known, with Napoli, Inter Milan, Roma and Schalke believed to be the other clubs in the running.
So how would I rate this report on a bull-shit rating from 1-10? Probably 8/10.
Arsene may be a fan of the 24-year-old’s and could even be exploring the possibility of signings him, but there is practically no chance Tottenham would help us out by loaning us a player. It would make no sense for them.
The last player to make the move across North London from Spurs to Arsenal was Sol Campbell in 2001 when he joined us on a free transfer, and although Chiriches isn’t held in the same regard as Sol was before his move, the WHL faithful would still be seething if the club allowed one of their players to join Arsenal.
I think it’s safe to say nothing will come of this, so the boss will have to look elsewhere for defensive reinforcements….