- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
RATINGS: Player Ratings From Arsenal’s Vital 1-0 Win Over WBA
Arsenal moved back in to the top four with a hard fought 1-0 win away at West Brom this afternoon. Danny Welbeck proved to be the match-winner with the 23-year-old heading home the only goal of the game midway through the second half following some excellent work from Santi Cazorla.
Here are player ratings from the game:
Martinez - 6/10 - Very little to do but was assured when he was involved. Commanded his area and dealt with crosses well.
Chambers - 6.5/10 - Solid outing from the youngster. He gave little away in defence and ventured forward to help in attack when needed.
Mertesacker - 7/10 - More composed alongside Kos and his height was important during the final 15 minutes as West Brom pushed for a goal.
Koscielny - 7/10 - Great to see him back and we certainly look more solid with him in the team.
Monreal - 6.5/10 - Moved to left-back but subbed off in the first half with a knee injury.
Flamini - 7/10 - Positionally much better as he was far more disciplined in front of the defence. And he didn’t get booked!
Ramsey - 6.5/10 - Worked hard but things still don’t look natural for him yet. Taking too many touches and hasn’t rediscovered his shooting boots.
Welbeck - 7.5/10 - Started on the left but had the freedom to switch positions during the game. On hand to head home the winner.
Alexis - 7/10 - Another tireless performance from the Chilean but he couldn’t get things going in the final third.
Cazorla - 8/10 - MOTM. Easily our best player overall and although his finishing was poor once again, he produced the moment of magic to win the game with an assist for Welbz.
Giroud – 6.5/10 - We’ve missed his strength and presence up front and he looked surprisingly sharp for his first start in over three months. Tired eventually and was replaced but decent outing.
Gibbs – 7/10 – On for the injured Monreal and was as reliable as ever.
The Ox – 6/10 – On for 10 minutes, and got injured. Hopefully his knee injury isn’t serious.
That’s back-to-back wins and just as importantly, two clean sheets, which gives us confidence heading into Wednesday’s huge game against Southampton.
What were your ratings from the game?