- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s Shocking 2-1 Defeat At Swansea
It was another painful performance from Arsenal today as we lost 2-1 to Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium after blowing a one-goal lead.
We lacked spark, urgency and ideas going forward and with a back-four as poor as ours, we are always going to concede goals.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny – 5/10 – No chance for the free-kick but could have done better for the second.
Chambers – 3/10 – Totally roasted by Montero all afternoon. Felt sorry for him as he had no cover but a really bad day at the office.
Monreal – 5/10 – At fault for their winner as he lost out to Gomis in the air. Not all his fault though as he shouldn’t be playing in the middle. We need Kos back ASPA.
Mertesacker – 6/10 – Not particularly at fault for either goal, but needs Koscielny back alongside him badly.
Gibbs – 5/10 – Gave away the foul leading to the free-kick. Not at his best going forward.
Flamini – 5/10 - Brought nothing to the team apart from silly fouls. Booked. Obviously.
Ramsey – 5/10 – Went close with a volley but otherwise fairly anonymous.
The Ox – 7.5/10 – One of the few who can hold his head high. Was a constant threat and created the goal with a wonderful run. Could have helped Chambers out a bit more though.
Cazorla – 4/10 – Poor form continues. Brought little to our attacking play. Should have been subbed.
Sanchez – 7/10 – On hand to score his sixth goal in 4 games. Worked hard but had virtually no service other than the goal.
Welbeck – 6/10 – Kept a calm head to set-up Sanchez for the goal. Fluffed a great chance to score in the first half.
Walcott – 5/10 – Only on for 10 minutes but wasted a great chance to get a shot on goal when his touch let him down.
Wilshere – 5/10 – Added a bit of urgency but little else.
Sangogo – N/A – On too late.
So another hugely disappointing display and there is something lacking in this Arsenal side. I hope it’s just confidence, and a proper defence, as those things can be rectified eventually.
However, I fear the whole structure and mentality of the squad is all wrong and it may only be something we can solve with, dare I say, a change of manager.
I’m off on holiday now to forget about football, enjoy the two week interlull…..