- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
AGM: Wenger Confirms Arsenal Will Buy “One Player” In January
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will look to bring in one player in January after admitting we are ‘a bit short’ at the back.
Wenger was heavily criticised by the fans for not signing a ready-made replacement for Thomas Vermaelen in the summer after selling the Belgian to Barcelona.
We were linked with several defenders during the summer months but ended up empty-handed and now our lack of options at the back has come back to haunt us.
Laurent Koscielny has been ruled out of this weekends Hull game and with Calum Chambers suspended and Mathieu Debuchy out injured, we may be forced to deploy Nacho Monreal in the middle or hand youngster Isaac Hayden his debut.
Arsene has been asked about why the club failed to sign another defender at today’s AGM, and although he feels we did ‘remarkable’ business in the summer, he’s admitted we’re one player short but he’ll look to rectify this in January.
Wenger: "I believe we have done remarkably well in market. I agree, maybe one player. We will try rectify that in January."
— Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) October 16, 2014
I think the boss would ideally like to sign a player who can play at centre-back and defensive midfield with William Carvalho and Adrien Rabiot just two names who were strongly linked in the summer.
Let’s hope we’re able to find the player we want and get a deal done early as early as possible in January, as there’s no doubt we’ve left ourselves exposed not filling this role in the summer.