- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal ‘Expect’ To Sign Cameroonian After Making Formal Offer
Arsenal expect to complete the signing of highly-rated Barcelona goalkeeper Andrey Onana after making a formal offer for his services this week.
We were close to signing the 18-year-old in the summer but a deal wasn’t finalised before the transfer window slammed shut on September 1.
Onana has continued to impress in the Barca youth team this season and it looks like we’ve now revived our interest as the Metro are citing reports coming out of Spain that claim we’ve lodged a formal offer for the keeper in the past few days.
Barcelona would only be due minimal compensation in any case, so as long as we can agree terms with Onana then that should be enough to see him come to the Emirates, and the newspaper suggests Arsene Wenger ‘expects’ to complete the deal after offering the Cameroonian wonderkid a long-term contract.
There have been suggestions that although Barcelona rate Onana highly, the Catalans are yet to offer him a serious professional contract, so there is every chance the goalkeeper will opt to jump ship if we’ve put forward a tempting deal.
Obviously he won’t be playing for the first team any time soon but he should push Martinez for the No.3 berth behind Szczesny and Ospina if he does end up making the move to North London.