- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Team News: Wenger On Walcott, Gnabry and Monreal
Arsenal take on Chelsea on Sunday and Arsene Wenger has given a team news update ahead of the game.
It looks like the boss is going to be picking from a similar squad to that which faced Galatasaray on Wednesday night in the Champions League.
The only player who has a chance of returning to the squad is Nacho Monreal. The Spaniard has been out in recent weeks with a back injury that he picked up against Man City.
However, the boss confirmed he could return on Sunday and while I highly doubt Monreal will start the game, he will give us a valuable option on the bench.
Arsene also confirmed that Theo Walcott and Serge Gnabry are on schedule to return to full training next week. It’s going to be a HUGE boost to have Theo back in the squad as he’s been sorely missed these past 10 months.
This is what Arsene had to say:
on the team news for Chelsea…
Compared to midweek, the only player who might be back for us in the squad is Nacho Monreal. As for everybody else, there is no major change.
on Gnabry and Walcott’s return to training…
Yes, they come back next week to the full squad for training – but they are too short for Sunday of course.
So we head to Stamford Bridge without Aaron Ramsey, Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Debuchy, Olivier Giroud, Yaya Sanogo, Theo Walcott and Serge Gnabry.
Let’s hope we have enough in the squad to get a positive result this weekend and avoid a humiliation like last year. Match preview up soon….