- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Eyeing Bargain Move For Lyon Striker
Reports today claim that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a bargain move for highly-rated Lyon striker Clinton N’Jie.
The 21-year-old has been with Lyon his entire career having joined the club as a teenager and went on to score 10 goals in 50 games for the B team before breaking into the first team set up in 2012.
N’Jie has been impressing in Ligue 1 this season and scored on his debut for the senior Cameroon international team earlier this month, earning him the nickname as the ‘new Samuel Eto’o’.
It seems he’s caught the eye of Arsene Wenger as the Mirror are reporting that we are lining-up a move for the young hitman after learning that his buy-out clause is set at just £800,000.
The boss obviously has extensive knowledge of the French game and always has his ear to the ground on up-and-coming young talent in his homeland, so it’s no surprise to hear he’s in the market for N’Jie.
If we did end up signing him, N’Jie would battle it out with the likes of Chuba Akpom and Yaya Sanogo for a place in the squad as he’s highly unlikely to have much impact on the first team at Arsenal any time soon.