- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Initial Tests Show Debuchy Will Be Out For LESS Than 3 Months
Both the Mirror and the Sun are reporting this morning that Mathieu Debuchy is set to miss the next three months after suffering ligament damage during Arsenal’s 2-2 draw with Manchester City on Saturday.
However, the newspapers make this claim despite the fact Debuchy is due to have his final tests this afternoon, so there is no way to know for certain how long he’ll be out for until the results are back in this evening.
The newspaper acknowledges that Debuchy will undergo further tests today but claims that initial scans indicate he’ll be out for 2 months, not three as suggested by the Mirror/Sun.
Obviously losing the 29-year-old for two months will still be a HUGE blow, but it’s a lot better than three, that’s for sure.
We’ll have to see what the scans show today and Arsene Wenger should have an update at his pre-match press conference at 5pm ahead of the Borussia Dortmund game. Fingers crossed for some good news.