- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Dortmund Dealt Blow As Injured Star Confirms He’ll Miss Arsenal Game
Arsenal have been handed a timely boost with Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels confirming he’ll miss tomorrow’s Champions League clash.
The squad is just about to fly over to German on Monday afternoon ahead of Tuesday night’s Group D opener after training for the last time this morning.
While we’ve been hit by the news that Mathieu Debuchy is set to miss at least two months with an ankle injury, we have received some positive news going into the match with influential Dortmund defender Hummels confirming he won’t be available.
The 25-year-old is yet to play this season due to an on-going muscular problem he’s been carrying since the World Cup finals in Brazil but there had been reports he might be rushed back to face Arsenal tomorrow.
However, the player has confirmed to the Dortmund website that he won’t return to training until Wednesday, which rules out any chance of him playing tomorrow.
“This week I made a big step forward. My plan is to train with the team on Wednesday.
“We have to see how it works in practice, if everything succeeds, whether the feeling to be able to play is back.” source: Mirror
Hummels is widely regarded as one of the best central defenders in the world so it’s certainly a real boost to be facing Dortmund without him. Let’s just hope we can take advantage of it….