- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Team News: Latest On Walcott, Arteta & Gibbs
Premier League football returns on Saturday as Arsenal welcome Manchester City to the Emirates, and we’ve got the latest team news ahead of the game.
First up is an update on Mikel Arteta with the Mirror reporting that the midfielder is set to return to full training and should be in contention this weekend.
Arteta hasn’t featured since picking up an ankle injury in our Champions League first leg against Besiktas last month but it looks like he’s now nearing full fitness and should replace Mathieu Flamini on Saturday.
The newspaper also claims that Kieran Gibbs is closing in on his comeback after being sidelined since the opening weekend of the season when he was forced off against Crystal Palace with a hamstring strain.
Nacho Monreal has performed admirably in recent weeks but I must admit it will be great to have Gibbsy back, and there’s a chance the 24-year-old could face City as long as he’s able to prove his fitness to Arsene Wenger this week.
One player who will still be missing this weekend is Theo Walcott but it looks like he’s back in full training as he continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury he suffered against Tottenham back in January.
Reports suggest he may be given a run-out with the Under-21′s before potentially making his first team comeback against…..yeah, you guessed it, Tottenham, when we welcome our rivals to the Emirates on the 27th of this month.
It’s going to be a huge boost to have Theo back in the squad and after having to watch a sluggish attack throughout the second half of last season, we’ll soon be fielding one of the fastest front-three’s in world football with the likes of Theo, Alexis, Welbeck and The Ox all vying for places. Exciting times….