- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Eyeing January Swoop For Dutch Defender
Reports today claim that Arsenal are eyeing a January swoop for Celtic centre-back Virgil van Dijk after Arsene Wenger failed to bring in a defender during the closing stages of the summer window.
van Dijk was one of the players strongly linked with a move to North London during the final few days of August and it’s understood we made a late enquiry over his services but were unable to get a deal agreed with Celtic.
However, the Daily Star claim Wenger will get his scouts to continue to monitor the Dutch ace over the course of the coming months before renewing our interest when the window reopens in January.
Our inability to sign a central defender on Monday was one of the big disappointments this summer as it’s left us with just Calum Chambers as back-up for first choice pairing Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny.
But the newspaper reports suggests that the boss will look to rectify this in the winter market and van Dijk is one of his top targets.
Let’s hope we can get through the next few months with our current options and pray Arsene moves quickly to bring in another centre-back in January.