- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Wenger To Make £20m Bid For World Class Attacker Next Summer
The summer transfer window may be closed but it looks like Arsene Wenger is already planning for next year as reports are claiming that the Arsenal boss will trigger Marco Reus’ £20m buy-out clause next summer.
We’ve been linked with Reus for some time and there were rumours circulating last month that we had a deal in place to sign the German international back in June before he picked up an injury ahead of the World Cup.
The 25-year-old has a buy-out clause worth just £20m (€25m) which comes into effect in the summer of 2015, so the theory was that Borussia Dortmund were willing to cash in this summer after Reus turned down a new deal.
However, his injury ended any hopes of a deal taking place this summer but the Express claim that Arsene has already made it clear to the Bundesliga outfit that he will be putting in a £20m offer to trigger the attackers clause next summer.
Obviously we wont be the only club in the running and as well as the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid, I’d expect pretty much every top club to be interested if Reus doesn’t sign a new deal to either remove or increase his release clause over the coming months.
It’s going to be extremely difficult to win the race and lure him to the Emirates if he does leave Dortmund, but what a signing Reus would be. He’s a genuine world class talent and the thought of him in an Arsenal shirt is mouthwatering.