- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Make Enquiries For 3 Defenders As Wenger Eyes Late Swoop
Reports this afternoon claim Arsenal have made enquiries for three central defenders as Arsene Wenger looks to make a late swoop to strengthen his defensive options.
A centre-back is desperately needed following the sale of Thomas Vermaelen to Barcelona and Goal suggest that Wenger has made calls regarding the availability of West Ham’s Winston Reid, Manchester City’s Matija Nastasic and Aston Villa’s Ron Vlaar.
The boss is keen to bring in an established defender to act as cover for Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker this season and the reports claims that the main targets are Reid and Nastasic with Vlaar seen as a last resort.
City are happy to let Nastiasic leave, either on loan or a permanent basis, but are reluctant to do business with Arsenal for the £12m-rated Serbian defender, so a deal could be difficult.
Reid would be an interesting option and there are rumours West Ham are looking for a centre-back, so it could be as a replacement for the 26-year-old New Zealand international. If the Hammers are able to find someone, then it could pave the way for Reid to move to the Emirates.
With just hours remaining until the transfer window closes, time is running out but despite some journalists suggesting we’re not going to sign anybody, it looks like we’re still extremely active so we could still see at least one new signing brought in before the 11pm deadline.