- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal ‘Determined’ To Sign Falcao In £19m Deal
Arsenal are desperately trying to beat Manchester City to the signing of Monaco striker Radamel Falcao, according to reports today.
The Colombian is set to move on deadline day and it looks like he’s now heading for the Premier League after a loan move to Real Madrid fell through on Saturday night.
City have been touted as favourites by many media outlets with the Premier League champions ready to offload Alvaro Negredo to Valencia in order to make room for the 28-year-old.
However, the Daily Mail claim that Arsenal are determined to beat Manuel Pellegrini’s men to Falcao’s signature after making first contact with the strikers agent on Friday.
Apparently we’re only interested in a season-long loan, and have been told it will cost £8.5m in a loan fee plus a further £10.4m in wages, so the deal comes to just under £19m.
I would personally be shocked if Arsene Wenger spent that kind of money on a short-term solution like Falcao, but would be equally delighted if he proved me wrong.
A player like Falcao would transform us into genuine title challengers. Just do it Arsene!
However, I still fear he’ll end up at City, while there are reports that Man Utd have also entered the race, so it’s going to be extremely difficult to pull off. Fingers crossed we can do it….