- Preview: Sunderland v Arsenal, duo ruled out, Ox starts + prediction
- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
Arsenal Making Late Move For €70m Hitman – Reports
Reports tonight are claiming that Arsenal are going head-to-head with Manchester City for €70m (£55m) striker Radamel Falcao.
The Colombian has been tipped to leave Monaco this summer after being made available due to cost-cutting measures put in place by the Ligue 1 outfit.
Real Madrid appeared to have won the race for his signature on Saturday night when a year-long loan deal was understood to have been agreed.
However, it seems there has been a late twist with Monaco now keen to offload the 28-year-old on a permanent basis – something Madrid aren’t interested in – and the European champions have now apparently agreed to sign Javier Hernandez from United on loan instead.
The Guardian claim this has led to Monaco offering Falcao to Arsenal and Manchester City with the French club looking for €70m (£55m) to sign the striker on a permanent basis.
The newspaper suggests that we will now go head-to-head with the Premier League champions for Falcao’s signature as Arsene Wenger desperately tries to sign a striker before the window closes at 11pm on Monday night.
If true, it’s going to be an exciting final 24 hours but I’m not too confident we’ll match whatever City will offer in terms of transfer fee and wages.
City do have Financial Fair Play to worry about which means they will have to offload some players in order to raise the extra funds, but it looks like they’ve agreed a deal with Valencia for Alvaro Negredo that will see him move back to Spain on an initial season-long with the option to make it permanent for for around £25m next summer.
Hopefully they have some late problems getting that deal over the line as that could leave us clear to sign Falcao. If we’re the only ones in the running then it could drive the price down.
Obviously Falcao would be a dream signing for us but as long as City are in the running, I fear we’re always going to lose out, but let’s see how things go on Monday….