- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal ‘Set To Complete’ Deal After Having Offer Accepted – Reports
Arsenal could be closing in on their fifth major signing of the summer with reports claiming that we have had a €7m bid for midfielder Adrien Rabiot accepted by Paris Saint-Germain.
The 19-year-old has struggled to establish himself as a regular in Laurent Blanc’s team and with just one year remaining on his current contract, the midfielder looks set to leave the Parc des Prince after rejecting PSG’s offer of an extension.
Reports over the weekend claimed Arsenal were given permission to speak with Rabiot about a potential move to the Emirates, with further reports suggesting we have now had a €7m (£5.6m) offer accepted by the Ligue 1 champions.
Well respected Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has also revealed that Roma have tried to hijack our move but claims that we’ve made a tempting offer to player and are close to completing the deal.
Obviously we need to wait for something concrete to come out from the club but as it stands, widespread speculation suggests that Arsenal are on the cusp of signing Rabiot for just €7m – which would be a great price for a player of his potential.
The French international is predominantly a defensive midfielder but can also play at centre-back, so he certainly fills the two positions Arsene Wenger wants to address before the end of the month.
If he completes a move to the Emirates, the youngster will become our fifth major signing following the arrivals of Sanchez, Debuchy, Chambers and Ospina.