- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Attempting To Push Through £28m Double Deal – Reports
Reports this afternoon claim that Arsenal are trying to push through a £28m double swoop for William Carvalho and Kostas Manolas.
We’ve been strongly linked with Manolas in recent days and reports have suggested that the Greek centre-back is already in London undergoing a medical ahead of an £8m move from Olympiakos.
It’s not clear whether those reports are accurate but Goal claim that we are closing in on a deal for the 23-year-old and hope to make it a double swoop with the outlet also suggesting that we’ve now tabled a formal £20m bid for midfielder Carvalho.
Arsenal have been tracking the Portuguese international for some time and it looks like we’ve finally made our interest official. However, it appears we may have to up our bid as Goal claim that Sporting have rejected our offer and are demanding nearer £28m for their star man.
The report states that the proposed deal is being complicated by the fact a third party company own 40% of Carvalho’s economic rights, but we’re expected to go back in with an improved bid as we try to get the deal over the line before the window slams shut at the end of the month.
Manolas is an excellent young centre-back who would give us real depth at the back, while Carvalho is the powerhouse midfielder we desperately need to compliment the creative talents of Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, so they’d be superb additions to the squad.
I was only expecting Arsene to bring in one more player but if we could sign both Manolas and Carvalho we’d be well set-up for the season ahead. Although ideally I still think we could do with another top class striker, but I really don’t see the boss signing any more attackers this summer.