- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
Arsenal Dealt Blow In Pursuit Of £25m Star
Arsenal have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund centre-back Mats Hummels after Jurgen Klopp declared the defender wont be sold this summer.
Arsene Wenger is in the market for an experienced replacement for Thomas Vermaelen following his move to Barcelona and recent reports have suggested the boss has targeted Hummels.
The German international has also attracted interest from Manchester United and it was believed Dortmund would cash in if a bid of £25m was put on the table.
However, Jurgen Klopp has dismissed suggestions his skipper will be on the move this summer, telling reporters the 25-year-old is going nowhere.
“He is going nowhere,” said Klopp. “He is staying with us.”
source: the Guardian
Hummels is one of the best defenders in the world at present and would obviously have been a sensational purchase had we been able to pull it off.
But understandably Dortmund are determined to hang on to him so it looks like Arsene will have to look elsewhere in his search for another centre-back.