- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
RATINGS: Arsenal 3-0 Man City: Ramsey, Chambers + Sanchez Impress
Arsenal won the Community Shield 3-0 on Sunday afternoon thanks to goals from Cazorla, Ramsey and Giroud.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny – 7/10 – Smart save early in the second half to deny Jovetic and he was always off his line quickly to sniff out danger.
Debuchy – 7/10 – Another encouraging display. Great block early on to deny Nasri and was always keen to get forward, especially in the first half.
Gibbs – 7/10 – Full of energy down the left and got into some dangerous positions.
Chambers – 8/10 – Superb display. He looks a real find by Arsene. Read the game well, positionally sound and good in the air. He’s the lot.
Koscielny – 7/10 – Vital block to deny City an equaliser just seconds before we scored the second goal. Off at H/T.
Arteta – 6.5/10 – Solid and unspectacular, but always economical with the ball.
Wilshere – 7.5/10 – Was the best player on the pitch in the first half when he was combining well with one-two’s, but faded a little in the second half. Seemed to pick up a knock to his knee, but hopefully nothing serious.
Ramsey – 8/10 – Another well taken goal and an all-action display. Started where he left off last season.
Cazorla – 7/10 – Lovely low finish for 1-0 and played some neat stuff at times.
Alexis – 7.5/10 – Very lively and involved in the first half. Could have scored before being replaced at the break.
Sanogo – 7/10 – Played a key part in the second goal and always worked hard. Combined well with Alexis too which was encouraging.
The Ox – 5/10 – Very quiet after being introduced at the break.
Monreal – 7/10 – Did well playing in the middle of defence for the second half.
Giroud – 7.5/10 – Smashed one in from 20 yards. His first Arsenal goal from outside the area!
Flamini – 6.5/10 – On for last 20 minutes with us 3-up and still couldn’t resist flying into a tackle. Love it.
Rosicky – 6.5/10 – Also on for last 20 minutes and gave us some fresh legs going forward.
Campbell – N/A – Only on for 5 minutes.
So a very encouraging display and it will keep the winning mentality going from last seasons FA Cup win, but we should have bigger prizes in our sights this season.