- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Confirmed: Arsenal Hold Talks With £40m Striker
Some very interesting news has been circulating over the past 24 hours with the agent of Edinson Cavani claiming that Arsenal and Liverpool have put forward proposals to the Uruguayan striker.
Cavani only joined PSG from Napoli last summer in a £53m deal but he’s been tipped to leave the Parc des Princes this summer after growing increasingly frustrated at having to play out wide to accommodate for Zlatan Ibrahimovic though the middle.
Obviously a number of top European clubs have been linked with a move for the 27-year-old over the past few months but it seems Arsenal are among the clubs who have made contact about his availability.
Cavani’s agent, Claudio Annelluci, has confirmed to South American newspaper El Telegrafo that there has been plenty of interest shown in his client over the past six months and revealed that Arsenal are one of the clubs who’ve held talks with the striker to put forward their proposal.
Annelluci goes on to admit that Cavani would love to play in England, but no decision has been made over the players future.
“There was much interest in the player during the past six months. I can confirm that Cavani has heard proposals from Liverpool and Arsenal,” he said.
“He would love to play in England, but has not yet made a final decision. He is not interested in money and fame, he just wants to be happy playing football.”
Chelsea and Manchester United have also been strongly linked with Cavani this summer, with reports just last month suggesting that the Blues had been quoted £40m by PSG, so it’s not just Liverpool who we’d have to battle to land the Uruguayan hitman.
Clearly Cavani would be a sensational purchase if we could somehow pull it off, but I really don’t see it happening unfortunately. Annelluci doesn’t state exactly when we held talks and I’m willing to bet good money it was before we signed Alexis Sanchez.
Now we’ve signed the Chilean attacker, I don’t think Arsene is going to spend big on another forward player this summer. The priority is a defensive midfielder and a centre-back to replace Vermaelen, so as exciting as Cavani sounds and it is good to know we were ambitious enough to go for a player of his caliber, I’m not getting my hopes up that he’ll be heading to the Emirates any time soon.