- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal’s Move For €29m Ace “100% On”
Another day and another update on Sami Khedira to bring you, with talkSPORT broadcaster Stan Collymore claiming that our move for the German international is “100% on”.
Khedira has emerged as one of our top summer transfer targets and a deal looked close when reports earlier this month claimed that we had agreed a €29m fee with Real Madrid.
Further reports suggested the potential move stalled due to the 27-year-old’s wage demands, and yesterday I reported that our chase for Khedira had taken a blow with the news that Bayern Munich had held talks with the midfielder and were keen on signing him on a free transfer next summer.
However, talkSPORT’s Stan Collymore took to his personal Twitter account last night to reassure Gunners fans that despite the speculation suggesting we could be set to miss out, our move for Khedira was “still 100% on”.
— Stan Collymore (@StanCollymore) July 30, 2014
Collymore has previously claimed to have spoken directly with an agent close to Khedira, so he seems to have the inside track on what’s going on, but it’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind it all.
Many pundits/journalists/fans claim to be ‘In The Know’ these days, but I do firmly believe that we have a serious interest in signing Khedira. The main problem appears to be his wage demands.
Madrid would much rather sell to us this summer than risk losing him to Bayern for nothing in 12 months time if the midfielder isn’t going to sign an extension, so we should have a good chance of landing him if we can convince him to lower his demands.
Easier said than done I know, but let’s hope Arsene can work his magic as Khedira would be a sensational signing.