- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
DONE DEAL: Arsenal Confirm Signing Of Mathieu Debuchy From Newcastle
Arsenal have finally confirmed the signing of Mathieu Debuchy from Newcastle United on a long-term contract.
After a long wait the club announced the news on Arsenal.com and on their Twitter account this evening.
As ever, the club haven’t disclosed the fee but the newspapers seem to think it’s in the region of £10m-£12m, which is an excellent price for a player of his quality and experience.
After completing the deal, Arsene Wenger told the clubs website:
“We are delighted to welcome Mathieu Debuchy to Arsenal Football Club. He has shown he can perform at the highest level with his club sides and also for France. He is a quality defender who has good Premier League experience and I’m confident he will fit in very well with us.”
Debuchy was also clearly delighted to have joined ‘one of the biggest clubs in the world’ and is looking forward to playing in the Champions League again:
“I’m very proud to be joining a great club like Arsenal and to wear its colours, it’s one of the biggest clubs in the whole world. I’m looking forward to working with Arsène Wenger and to helping the team build on last season’s FA Cup success. Playing again in the Champions League is a big excitement for me and I will do my best to help Arsenal compete for trophies.”
The right-back is expected to join up with the rest of the squad for pre-season training soon and will make his debut in the Emirates Cup in early August.
It’s another excellent purchase following on from Alexis Sanchez last week, now Arsene needs to go out and buy a back-up keeper, a back-up centre-back, a defensive midfielder and another attacker and we’re all set for the new season!