- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
Arsenal ‘Hold Formal Talks’ Over THIRD Major Signing
It seems Arsenal are closing in on a sensational £46m triple swoop as reports today claim that we are in talks with Queens Park Rangers over an £8m for Loic Remy.
A £38m double deal for Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy has already been agreed with Barcelona and Newcastle, and both transfer expected to be announced within the next 24 hours.
However, it looks like the spending is set to continue with the Mirror reporting that the club are also in formal talks with QPR over an £8m deal for striker Loic Remy.
Remy has been linked with a move to the Emirates for some time and has made no secret of his desire to play for a Champions League club next season.
Speculation intensified that he could be heading to north London when he attended our final home game against West Brom last season and judging by the Mirror’s report, the Frenchman could now be set to complete a switch this summer.
Remy scored an impressive 14 goals in 26 games on loan at Newcastle last season and I think he’d be an excellent addition as he’d give us another option in attack. The 27-year-old can play through the middle or out wide, and has bags of pace which is obviously something we need to add to the squad, so here’s hoping we can get this triple swoop over the line soon.
If we can then add a powerhouse defensive midfielder and a back-up goalkeeper, as well as a replacement for Vermaelen if he leaves, then we’ll be in excellent shape heading into next season.