- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal In ‘Advanced Talks’ Over £35m Double Deal, BBC Confirm
The reliable David Ornstein at the BBC has confirmed today that Arsenal are in ‘advanced talks’ to sign both Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy.
There has been intense speculation suggesting we are closing in on the duo over the last 48 hours, with various media outlets claiming deals are on the verge of completion.
However, when a source like the BBC – and Ornstein in particular – say something. You should listen as it’s as concrete as you can get.
As has been widely reported, the journalist states that we are deep in talks with Barcelona over Sanchez but the deal is being ‘complicated’ by the Catalans pursuit of Luis Suarez, and the fact Liverpool and Juventus are also keen on the attacker.
Ornstein says no fee has been agreed as yet, but with Barca looking for £25m, Arsenal chiefs have been given ‘indications’ that Sanchez would prefer a switch to the Emirates over the other offers on the table.
Sanchez has cut short his holiday to fly home to Spain to sort out his future, and Spanish outlet AS also indicate that the attacker has rejected Liverpool and favours a move to Arsenal.
Nothing is expected to be resolved until the Suarez deal is completed, but the fact Ornstein and the BBC are reporting that talks are advanced and Sanchez wants Arsenal should give us huge confident that a deal can be done.
The report also confirms what many already know; that we are in advanced talks with Newcastle over a £10m deal for right-back Debuchy.
Contrary to some reports, the BBC state that no fee has been agreed yet, but things are on track and the 28-year-old should come in as a replacement for compatriot Bacary Sagna this summer.
After a slow start to the summer window, spending £35m on Sanchez and Debuchy would represent excellent business and I hope we can get both deals over the line soon. Then the boss can concentrate on bringing in a back-up goalkeeper and a defensive midfielder.