- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Arsenal Linked With £10m-Rated Sporting Lisbon Ace – Report
According to reports, Arsenal are in the race to sign Sporting Lisbon’s £10m-rated defender Marcos Rojo.
The 24-year-old has been in impressive form for Argentina at the World Cup this summer, with his adventurous displays down the left flank catching the eye and he managed to get himself on the score-sheet during yesterday’s 3-2 win over Nigeria.
While he’s comfortable playing at left-back, Rojo has predominantly been deployed in the centre of defence for Sporting and was excellent last season as he helped guide the club to a second-placed finish.
With Arsene Wenger on the look-out for a potential replacement for Thomas Vermaelen – who is in the final year of his contract and is being tipped for a move this summer – the Express claim the boss has identified Rojo as a key target.
Sporting would be reluctant sellers but understand they will find it difficult to hold on to the player, particularly after his performances in Brazil, and are believed to be willing to cash-in for around £10m.
With his ability to cover various position in defence, Rojo sounds like a good shout to replace Vermaelen if he does leave. However, we’re going to face stiff competition as the Express also claim that the likes of Juventus, Manchester United and Liverpool are also interested.