- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Wenger ‘Set To Hold Talks’ With Lucci Over Possible £28m Move
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is set to hold talks with Alessandro Lucci this week about a possible move for £28m-rated winger Juan Guillermo Cuadrado, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Cuadrado has been linked with a move to the Emirates in the past with scouts understood to have been watching him since last October and now it appears we’re ready to step up our interest in the 26-year-old.
The reports from Spain claim that Arsene has talks planned with the wingers agent, Alessandro Lucci, this week where they will discuss a potential big-money move to Arsenal.
However, we aren’t the only one’s in the running with Mundo Deportivo suggesting that Lucci has already talked with Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola last week where they put forward a contract worth €4m-a-year, while a meeting with Barcelona officials is also pencilled in over the next couple of days with Cuadrado understood to favour a move to the Nou Camp.
So we’re going to face some stiff competition if we want to sign the Colombian international and Arsene is also going to have to be prepared to splash the cash as his current club Fiorentina has supposedly slapped a £28m price tag on his head.
I personally can’t see Arsene being prepared to pay that kind of money for the player and he certainly won’t like the fact he’s up again the likes of Bayern and Barca.
However, if we do somehow win the race for his signature, we’ll probably have to wait a little while before any deal can be completed as Cuadrado is still over in Brazil playing for his country at the World Cup.
He is predominantly a winger who can play on either side, while he’s also capable of playing as a wing-back or even full-back, but I think the boss would be viewing him as an attacking wide-man. He’s got bags of pace and has endless energy, and he knows where the goal is as he got 15 in 43 games for Fiorentina last season.
My gut feeling is nothing will come of this and Arsene will probably (hopefully!) be meeting with a number of agents over the next few weeks, so Cuadrado is likely to be one of several potential targets.