- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Good Luck! Spurs Eyeing Move For Key Arsenal Target – Report
According to the Daily Mail, Totteham Hotspur have entered the chase for key Arsenal transfer target Serge Aurier.
The Ivory Coast international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates over the past year or so and Arsene Wenger is expected to make a formal move for the player after the World Cup after making him his No.1 target to replace Bacary Sagna.
Reports last week from France claimed that we have already agreed personal terms with the 21-year-old right-back after offering him a five-year deal worth £60,000-a-week.
The only remaining sticking point is for us to agree a fee with Toulouse and with the Ligue 1 club reportedly asking for a very reasonable £8m, that should be nothing more than a formality.
However, the Daily Mail claim that we could now face competition from Tottenham with our north London rivals supposedly also showing an interest and will try and hijack our move for Aurier.
I suppose it’s to be expected, as they always try and go after our transfer targets. Problem is, they have next to no chance of signing him ahead of Arsenal. Aurier is a boyhood Gooner and has openly admitted we are his dream club on several occasions.
He has also posted photos on his Twitter account of him wearing an Arsenal shirt (see below) on his holidays last summer, so if Arsenal want him, he’ll be coming to the Emirates.
The only hope Spurs have is that Arsene has a change of heart and drops his interest, and Aurier is so desperate to play in the Premier League that he’s willing to play for our rivals, but at this point that doesn’t seen likely.