- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal On Alert As £48m ‘Target’ Set For Shock Move
Arsenal have been placed on red alert with reports coming out of France suggesting that Monaco have surprisingly made Radamel Falcao available for transfer.
Le10 Sport are claiming that the Ligue 1 club are ready to cash in on Falcao this summer as new boss Leonardo Jardim doesn’t feel he’s able to play in his 4-3-3 formation.
As difficult as this is to believe, the report suggests that Jardim wants to sell the Colombian hitman and use the money to rebuild his squad with, and Monaco are no longer the free-spending club they once were due to UEFA’s Financial Fair Play guidelines.
So, if Falcao really is on the market then who’s going to be in for him? Well, Le10 Sport believe that the 28-year-old’s agent Jorge Mendes has already been sounding out potential suitors and the usual names have been banded about.
Chelsea were named but with Diego Costa on his way to Stamford Bridge it’s highly unlikely they’ll also go for Falcao, while a switch to Real Madrid has also been suggested. That’s far more believable and I’d expect they will be leading the race for his signature.
With Arsene Wenger desperate to sign a world class striker this summer Arsenal’s name has cropped up once again. We were surprisingly linked with Falcao back in February when the Daily Star claimed that PUMA were going to help fund a move for the player and now it seems we’ve been alerted to his availability this summer.
However, before we all get too excited, a potential fee of £48m is likely to end any hopes we have of signing the striker. I really don’t think Arsene would spend that kind of money on a 28-year-old who will have very little sell on value and who’s still recovering from a serious knee injury.
I’d gladly be proved wrong on this one but I just don’t see it. Obviously we have the money to do it, but we also need to sign at least four players this summer and I’m simply not convinced Arsene would spend half his budget on one player.
He would be one hell of a signing though so fingers crossed Arsene is going to prove me wrong and make the Colombian our marquee signing this summer!