- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Striker ‘Desperate’ To Join Arsenal – Reports
Long-term target Loic Remy has delayed completing a proposed switch to Tottenham because he’s ‘desperate’ to join Arsenal, according to reports.
We’ve been linked with Remy for several years and with Arsene Wenger expected to sign at least one new forward this summer, his name has once again been touted as a potential new recruit.
The France striker is set to leave Queens Park Rangers on a permanent basis after enjoying a successful year on loan at Newcastle last season, and he’s available at a very reasonable £9m due to a buy-out clause in his contract.
Goal claim that the 27-year-old has held formal talks with Tottenham and is understood to be open to the idea of moving to White Hart Lane, but he’s refused to complete any deal until after the World Cup as he’s keen to find out the extent of Arsenal’s interest.
Apparently Remy’s preference would be to join Arsenal as we are able to offer champions league football, with the Telegraph claiming he is ‘desperate’ to move to the Emirates, and he’s hoping Wenger will come in after the World Cup.
It remains to be seen whether the boss will make any formal move for the player, but I think he’d be an astutue buy at just £9m. He showed last season he can cut it in the Premier League after scoring 14 goals in 26 games for Newcastle and I’m sure he could replicate that kind of form with the likes of Ozil, Cazorla and Ramsey supplying him.
He’d also give us plenty of options as he’s able to play out wide as well as through the middle, plus he has bags of pace and that’s something we certainly need to add to our squad this summer.
Rumours suggest Arsene has bigger targets in mind, but if he fails to land any ‘marquee’ name, we could do a lot worse than looking to Remy, and we’d have the added bonus of pissing the Spuds off by stealing one of their targets!