- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Ramsey Plays Down Injury Fears Amid Reports He’s Set For Surgery
Aaron Ramsey has dismissed reports suggesting he is set to undergo surgery and insists he’s fully-fit and looking forward to next season.
After a sensational opening half to the season, the Welshman missed over three months during the second half of the campaign after tearing a thigh muscle at West Ham on boxing day.
Rambo returned in April and continued his fine-form to help us secure fourth place in the Premier League table before scoring the winner in the final of the FA Cup against Hull.
The Daily Mail reported earlier today that the 23-year-old was set to go under the knife this summer to resolve the ‘ongoing’ thigh issue and they claimed he was in danger of missing the start to next season.
However, Ramsey has now taken to Twitter to dismiss these reports, calling them ‘completely false’.
‘Please ignore any stories about me needing surgery. They are completely false. I’m enjoying my summer and already can’t wait for pre-season,’ he tweeted.
Please ignore any stories about me needing surgery. They are completely false. I'm enjoying my summer and already can't wait for pre-season.
— Aaron Ramsey (@aaronramsey) May 27, 2014
Unsurprisingly, the Daily Mail have since removed their article. We can all breath a sign of relief…..