- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
First Signing? Arsenal ‘Make Official €22m Attacker Bid’ – Report
Arsenal could be closing in on their first summer signing with reports today claiming that we’ve made an official €22m offer for Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann.
The French international has been touted as a potential signing over the past 12 months and we had an enquiry knocked back during the January transfer window.
Speculation has really picked up in recent weeks that we’ve renewed our interest and the Metro are now reporting that we’ve tabled a formal €22m bid – which is about £18m.
The newspaper claims that Arsenal are confident Sociedad are ready to sell this summer but with the 23-year-old’s buy-out clause set at nearer €30m, we might have to dig a little deeper if we want to make him our first summer signing.
We’ll also have to battle with Juventus – who are also reportedly interested – but the player is believed to favour a switch to England, which will obviously go in our favour.
Arsene has made a striker, right-back and defensive midfielder his priorities this summer but a pacey wide-man is also understood to be on the agenda and Greizmann would be a superb addition.
He’s just had a great season in La Liga, scoring 16 goals in 36 games, which is an excellent return for a winger and he’s capable of playing anywhere across the front-line so his versatility would be useful.
I’d love to see Greizmann come to Arsenal and hopefully we could try and get a deal tied up before the World Cup, as a star showing in Brazil will only see interest in the player increase.