- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Fabregas ‘Tells Wenger He Wants Arsenal Move’ – Report
Could it happen Gooners? Could Cesc Fabregas be coming back to Arsenal?
There has been a lot of talk about it over the past few days but it seems to have moved a step closer as reports today claim that Cesc has now told Arsene Wenger he want to return to north London this summer.
Widespread reports suggest Barca are ready to cash-in, with Cesc seen as a sellable asset as new boss Luis Enrique looks to overhaul the squad after a disappointing season under Tata Martino last year.
Manchester United keep getting linked and I even saw a report today suggesting Chelsea had thrown their hat into the ring, but the funny thing is most newspapers keep failing to mention the fact we inserted a number of clause’s into Cesc’s contract when we sold him three years ago.
The general consensus is; Firstly, Barcelona have to inform Arsenal if any club make a formal bid for Cesc and give us the opportunity to exercise our buy-back clause, which is set at a fixed price of £25m.
Should either Arsene or Cesc turn down the transfer and he moves to another club, we will be entitled to 50% of any fee above the price we sold him for – which is believed to be £35m. So put simply, we hold all the cards if Cesc is leaving Barcelona this summer.
Arsene may decide he’s a luxury we don’t need and let him move elsewhere, but I’d be majorly surprised if that turned out to be the case. Arsene adores Cesc and I think he’d jump at the chance to re-sign him.
So for me, it will all come down to Fabregas and whether he wants to come back, and it looks like he’s up for it as the Metro are claiming that the 27-year-old has now told Arsene he wants to sign for Arsenal.
Obviously we don’t know how much truth there is in these reports, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Cesc has never hidden his love to Arsenal and said only at Christmas that he could only see himself playing for us or Barca, so if he is on the way out of the Nou Camp, there’s only one place he’ll want to come.
Forget talk of United or anywhere else. He’ll only consider another club if Wenger doesn’t want him, and that won’t happen.
Whether we need him is another question, but you can’t turn down players like Cesc, especially if we can get him for just £25m. Which is a bargain in todays market.
I can see this being a ‘saga’ over the summer but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Spanish maestro back in the famous Red & White next season.