- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Ace ‘Tells Team Mates’ He’s Leaving – Reports
Bacary Sagna has reportedly told his Arsenal team mates that he will be joining Manchester City on a free transfer this summer.
Sagna’s contract expires next month and he looks almost certain to leave the club after rejecting our latest two-year contract offer of around £80,000-a-week, with the option of a third year.
The Frenchman is understood to be wanting a three year deal worth in the region of £100,000-a-week and with Arsenal bosses refusing to meet those demands, it looks like Sagna will be off.
Despite lucrative offers from abroad, the Times newspaper claims that he’s made up his mind and he wants to join Manchester City, and even worse he’s apparently already told his team mates he’ll be heading to the Etihad this summer.
If true, it will be a sad end to what’s been an excellent career at Arsenal. While I’m gutted to see Bac leave, I’m actually feeling slightly sorry for him. He’s now 31 and should be playing regular first team football during his final years.
If he goes to City, he’s going to be playing second fiddle to Pablo Zabaleta and will be resigned to nothing more than a support role. In my eyes, Sagna deserves better and I feel he’s been badly advised on this move. If he’s really going to sit on the City bench just to collect an extra £20k a week, then good luck to the guy.