- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Striker ‘Certain’ To Join Arsenal Agrees Deal To Join Another Club
Arsenal look set to miss out on the signing on Josip Drmic with reports in Germany claiming the striker has agreed a deal to join Bayer Leverkusen this summer.
Drmic is a name many of you should be familiar with as he’s been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates over the past few months.
German legend Lothar Matthaus caused quite a stir when he claimed on German TV last month that the 21-year-old was on his way to Arsenal and his wife was already scouting for a place to live in the capital.
Drmic responded by insisting he’s not married but opened the door to a move by saying every ‘lad dreams of joining Arsenal’:
“I am single right now. And there is no-one looking for a flat in London,”
“What the future will bring, I don’t know. Every lad dreams of joining Arsenal,” Drmic is quoted as saying by ESPN.
This didn’t deter Matthaus as the former German skipper maintained that his information was solid and that Drmic would join Arsenal for £8m, saying he will be proved right once again having previously predicted the transfers of Robert Lewandowski and Adrian Ramos. He told Bild last month.
“Drmic will join Arsenal for eight million pounds,” he told Bild.
“It’s a fact that there is a woman, and I know her name, looking for a flat. I was right with [Robert] Lewandowski and [Adrian] Ramos [whose transfers he predicted on Sky Deutschland]. And I will be proved right again.”
However, it seems that Matthaus may have some explaining to do as Bild are reporting today that Drmic has now agreed a deal to join Bayer Leverkusen at the end of the season in a deal believed to be worth around £4.5m.
The Swiss international may not be a household name just yet but he’s been forging an impressive reputation over in the Bundesliga after scoring 16 goals for a struggling Nuremberg side this year.
It’s obvious we need at least one new striker this summer but with Bendtner set to leave, we could really do with bringing in two, and Drmic would bring some much-needed pace to our attack.
Whether he’s ready to lead the line for a team like Arsenal remains to be seen but I’d have been happy to see him come to the club as a third-choice striker and add some depth to our options up front.
Who knows, Bild may have got this one wrong and Matthaus may be proved right in the end. Let’s wait and see what happens over the coming weeks.