- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Defender Close To Arsenal Move, Five-Year Deal Agreed – Report
Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Serge Aurier with the defender set to sign a five-year deal at the club if Bacary Sagna leaves this summer, according to reports in Italy.
Sagna is out-of-contract at the end of the season and is no closer to penning an extension, despite several rounds of talks with the club.
Thankfully it looks like Arsene Wenger has already identified his replacement, with Italian outlet Tutto Mercato Web claiming today that the boss has made Serge Aurier his No.1 target.
The site suggests that a deal is close and the Ivory Coast has already agreed a five-year contract, so it sounds like it’s just waiting for the official go-ahead when Sagna confirms his next move.
It difficult to say how accurate this report is but Aurier has been linked with Arsenal in recent transfer windows and is a self-confessed Gooner. The player has previously tweeted photos of himself wearing an Arsenal shirt on his holiday’s last summer:
He was also given an Arsenal top with his name on it as a present by his Toulouse team-mates back in January, so it’s safe to say the 21-year-old would jump at the chance of replacing Sagna.
He’s also a fine player and has been enjoying an excellent season in Ligue 1, with his adventurous displays catching the eye of several teams. If you believe the newspapers.
Obviously he’s not proven in the Premier League, and my personal choice would be Seamus Coleman if we do end up needing to replace Sagna this summer, but Aurier would be a decent alternative.