- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
TEAM: Possible Arsenal Starting XI To Face Newcastle United
Arsenal take on Newcastle United on Monday night searching for a win that will move us one step closer to securing a top four place. Here’s my preferred line-up:
Goalkeeper: No need to make any changes here. Wojciech Szczesny is our No.1.
Defence: Kieran Gibbs has once again been ruled out with a hamstring injury so Nacho Monreal will continue at left-back. Thomas Vermaelen has been passed fit to return, but I think we’ll see him among the subs with Arsene sticking with the Per-Kos partnership.
Midfielder: Aaron Ramsey was in superb form last week scoring a goal and grabbing two assists so he’ll obviously be in the team and will no doubt be partnered by Mikel Arteta. The two enjoyed a useful partnership during the first half of the season and although I think Arteta has his limitations, they do complement each-other well.
Attack: Reports during the week said that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is carrying a groin injury and is going to be nursed through the final few games of the season so I don’t think we’ll see him start on Monday. Lukas Podolski deserves to retain his place after scoring four goals in his last two games, while Mesut Ozil put in an encouraging 60 minutes last week.
Striker: Olivier Giroud has been hit and miss in recent games but he’s still the more reliable option ahead of Yaya Sanogo.
So I’d go with the same team that beat Hull convincingly last week:
What do you think of my team? Would you stick with the same line-up as last week?