- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Make Offer For Croatian Striker – Reports
Reports in Spain this evening are claiming that Arsenal have made an offer for Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic.
The 27-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months, with several newspaper suggesting he is high on Arsene Wenger’s summer hit-list as he looks to bring in another striker to compete with Olivier Giroud.
Earlier this week the Mirror reported that Mandzukic was in fact Arsene’s top target and the boss would use a proportion of his supposed £70m transfer kitty on the Croatian hitman.
Well it seems we could have made our move early with Spanish outlet Fichajes.net reporting that we’ve now made an offer for the striker – although they fail to provide any further details such as how much the bid was for.
The report does state that we are not the only club in the running, but Mandzukic is believed to be contemplating his future as he knows he’ll fall down the pecking order when Robert Lewandowski arrives at the Allianz Arena in the summer.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is in this but the momentum is gathering the closer we get to the summer and it looks like Mandzukic will be a striker constantly linked with a move to North London over the coming weeks and months.
He wouldn’t be my first choice target, as I think we desperately need someone who offers something different, such as raw pace, and Mandzukic is a little too similar to Giroud for my liking.
However, he’d certainly be a useful addition if he does end up joining the club as he’s got great pedigree and a decent goal-scoring record to boot, with 48 goals in 86 games for Bayern over the last two seasons.
What do you think of the links with Mandzukic? Would he be a good signing?