- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Mandzukic Agent Flies Into London For Talks With Arsenal + Chelsea
Some potentially exciting news coming out of Italy this evening with Sky Italia journalist Gianluca di Marzio claiming that the agent of Mario Mandzukic has flown into London to hold talks with Arsenal and Chelsea.
The Croatian hitman has been prolific for Bayern Munich over the past two season since joining them from Wolfsburg, scoring 45 goals in 76 appearances and he was a key figure in helping them win the treble last season.
However, the player fell out with Pep Guardiola at the turn of the year after it was confirmed that Robert Lewandowski was joining from Borussia Dortmund in the summer, and quotes came out of the Allianz suggesting that Mandzukic would be surplus to requirements next year.
Understandably, the 27-year-old feels he’s being harshly treated and it appears he’s already making plans to leave the Bundesliga champions at the end of the season.
Sky Italia journalist, Gianluca di Marzio, has reported on his personal website on Thursday evening that Mandzukic is open to a move to the Premier League and has instructed his agent to fly over to London to hold formal talks with representatives from Arsenal and Chelsea.
A top class striker is a priority for us this summer and Mandzukic would certainly fit the bill. He’s pretty similar to Giroud in many ways, but he’s got a far better goal-scoring record.
It looks like he’ll be on the market at the end of the season and there’s going to be a huge fight for his signature, but there’s no reason we shouldn’t be confident of being able to lure him to the Emirates, as we’ve proven we can compete for the big-money signings.
Obviously Jose Mourinho has already confirmed he’ll be in the market for a world class forward, because he ‘has no strikers’, so Chelsea look likely to be our major competition. Let’s hope Wenger can persuade him to join Arsenal as he’d be a superb addition.
Do you think Mandzukic would be a good signing?