- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Hit By Yet Another Injury Blow
Arsenal’s injury curse as struck once again with winger Ryo Miyaichi set to miss the rest of the season with ankle ligament damage, according to reports today.
The 21-year-old suffered the injury during the closing stages of last weekend’s under-21 clash with Reading, and he was stretchered off and taken to hospital for further assessment.
It appears it isn’t good news with reports today claiming that the Japanese youngster has been ruled out for the rest of the season which means he’ll not only be unable to take part in Arsenal’s run-in but it also ends his slim hopes of making it to this summers World Cup.
Miyaichi was once heralded as a future Arsenal star after enjoying a hugely impressive stint on loan at Feyenoord in 2011. However, a series of injuries have hampered his progress while on subsequent loans at Bolton and Wigan, and he’s only managed a handful of substitute appearances for us in the cups this season.
With the likes of Mesut Ozil, Theo Walcott, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere all out injured, Miyaichi could have been drafted in by Arsene Wenger over the next two months. He was flown out to Germany last week for our Champions League second leg against Bayern Munich, only to be told he was ineligible.
Obviously he wasn’t going to play a major part in the first team, but he could have been a useful option to have, particularly as we have a lack of pace in the squad right now, but this latest set back ends any hopes of him trying to establish himself this season.