- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
VIDEO: Highlights Of Ozil’s Display v Chile: Booed Off By Own Fans
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil was in action for Germany last night and helped his nation to a hard fought 1-0 win over Chile.
The visitors proved to be stubborn opposition but after a disappointing few weeks with Arsenal, Ozil got back to doing what he does best as he assisted to only goal of the game, setting up Mario Gotze in the first half.
Judging by the individual highlights video below, it looks like Ozil had another game mixed with sloppy passes and moments of genius….very much like his current Arsenal form.
The 25-year-old seemed to see plenty of the ball, especially in the opening 45 minutes, and he went close to scoring towards the end of the first half while his reverse pass to Gotze in the second period was superb.
However, it appears he didn’t do enough to please the home crowd as he was showered with boos when he was taken off in the 89th minute. After the game, general manager of the Germany national team, Olivier Bierhoff, questioned why Ozil had been singled out for rough treatment from the German fans.
“At the present time, and with the score (being 1-0 Germany) I did not understand the whistles (aimed at Ozil). I find it a pity that such a player like Mesut is singled out.”
It looks like Ozil’s now getting it in the neck from his own Germany fans, which is a shame as his performance really didn’t warrant it. Anyway, here you can watch individual highlights of Ozil’s performance and judge for yourself (apologies for the music, you may want to press mute!).